Sunday, March 17, 2013

Over The Rainbow

Well Mannered Cupcakes Are About to Get Crazy

These cupcakes are some of my all time favorites to make.  Rainbow cupcakes are a great way to brighten any event or occasion.  I make mine by dividing the batter into six different bowls, and dyeing each bowl of batter a separate color. I then take a teaspoon from each color and drop it into my cupcake liner.  I proceed to drop teaspoons of each color on top of each other. Don't worry it won't run together and turn into a brown mess.


An Array of Colors


The Baked Cupcake

This is how the cupcakes look just out of the oven.  The wrapper I used made it difficult to see the colors, but that just makes it more of a surprise when you peel it off.


"Whoa Dude, The Colors!"

This is how the inside of the cupcake looks.  If this does not have your guests gasping in delight I don't know what will.


Ready For My Close Up

I iced these cupcakes with whipped cream icing.  I used a strawberry gelatin to help keep the whipped cream stabilized.  The gelatin gave the icing a nice little kick, and I decided to top the whole thing with some strawberry slices.


 The End Result










No comments:

Post a Comment